- Status: Accredited
- Data Offer: Social, Economy, Education, Health, Psychology, Qualitative, Other
About the Data Centre
The de-facto anonymised data are made available for research purposes. The modes of data access are standardised: scientific use files, on-site, remote data access.
Upon request, interested researchers may conclude a data use agreement, which is the prerequisite for the use of scientific use files distributed on DVD. Furthermore, the SOEP Research Data Center supports methodological training at universities through lectures and workshops. The guest researcher programme facilitates on-site use of regional data at FDZ-SOEP, which are defined as sensitive data under data protection legislation. As a special service, FDZ-SOEP supports researchers who wish to use SOEP as reference data or as a control sample for their own studies.
The activities of the SOEP Research Data Center is based on the criteria of the German Data Forum (RatSWD). As a research infrastructure facility, its funding is provided by the Leibniz Association upon a decision by the Joint Science Conference.
Further information can be found on the website of FDZ-SOEP.
Person-related and household data:
- SOEP-Core: longitudinal data (annually since 1984), SOEPwide and SOEPlong, German/English Version, gross data (since 1984), youth questionnaire (since 2001), age-specific questionnaires: children ages 0-1 (since 2003), children ages 2-3 (since 2005), children ages 5-6 (since 2008), children ages 7-8 (since 2010), children ages 9-10 (since 2012), preteens ages 11-12 (since 2014), survey of survivors of deceased panel members (since 2009), follow-up with panel members who moved abroad (since 2008), status check for dropouts (1992/2001/2006/2008), interviewer survey (2006, 2012), regional indicators (since 1985), geo-reference data (since 2000), pretests (2001-2011)
- SOEP-IS: longitudinal data (annually since 2012) in “long” format, a description of the innovative modules included in SOEP-IS to date can be found on our website: http://www.diw.de/en/diw_01.c.511801.en/soep_is_innovative_modules.html
- SOEP-LEE: survey of employers of SOEP respondents in 2012: http://www.diw.de/en/diw_01.c.433198.en/soep_lee.html
- BASE-II (Berlin Aging Study II): multidisciplinary study, longitudinal data (since 2009), health and cognitive functioning across the life course http://www.diw.de/en/diw_01.c.433060.en/base_ii.html and https://www.base2.mpg.de/en.
You can contact our hotline directly by
telephon: +49 (0)30 89789-292