Research Data Center Elections at GESIS
The Research Data Center Elections oversees the datasets on federal elections and state elections, which are archived at GESIS. The RDC Elections at GESIS facilitates access to these data for research purposes.
- Status: Accredited
- Data Offer: Other, Social
- External Data Ingest: Yes
About the Data Centre
The following surveys are currently available:
- German Longitudinal Election Study (GLES, since 2009)
- German Federal Elections (1949-2005)
- Kieler Wahlstudien (German Federal Election Studies 1976-1990)
- Politbarometer (since 1977)
- DeutschlandTREND (since 1998)
- Forsa-Bus (since 1991)
- German State Elections (since 1962)
- Surveys for the Federal Government (since 2014)
The data are made available in various user-friendly versions and are provided to researchers immediately after processing and documentation. The RDC Elections at GESIS also offers user support.
All available surveys can be consulted on our website: http://www.gesis.org/wahlen.
Person-related data: German Longitudinal Election Study (GLES, since 2009), German Federal Elections (1949-2005), Kieler Wahlstudien (German Federal Election Studies 1976-1990), Politbarometer (since 1977), DeutschlandTREND (since 2008), Forsa-Bus (since 1991), German State Elections (since 1962), Forsa-Bus (since 1991), Surveys commissioned by the Press and Information Office of the Federal Government
GESIS – Leibniz-Institut für Sozialwissenschaften
Postfach 12 21 55
Phone: +49 (0)621-1246-438
Fax: +49 (0)621-1246-100