Protection of adult skills and the effect of COVID-19
International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA)
The International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA) created projections of adult skills under the effects of the school closures due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Results showed that skills of cohorts who were in school during the pandemic have been severly affected and that the overall impact of the pandemic is projected to erase deacde-long gains in adult skills for affected cohorts.
- Disziplin: Sozial, Wirtschaft, Bildung
- Forschungsmethode: Quantitativ
- Forschungsdesign: Sekundäranalyse, Weitere Daten (z. B. Einzelinterview, Web Scraping, Laborwerte etc.)
- Erhebungsstatus: open access publikation, Erhebung abgeschlossen, Ergebnisse veröffentlicht, Daten zugänglich
Ziele der Studie
- Analyzing how the school closures due to the pandemic did and will affect the development of adult skills
- Creating projections in quinquennial time periods until 2050
- Comparison of the results between different countries, specifically between the Global North and Global South, and age groups
The study projected the SLAMYS (Skills in Literacy Adjusted Mean Years of Schooling) for the working age population in 45 countries and quinquennial time periods until 2050. The effect of the school closures due to the COVID-19 pandemic was integrated onto these forecasts.
The data is available.
GitHub – ozdemircaner/SLAMYS-projections