- Status: Preliminary
- Data Offer: Social, Other
About the Data centre
The Research Data Centre of the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees (BAMF-FDZ) is part of the BAMF Research Centre and has been open since August 2021. It provides data for migration and integration research for external users.
The BAMF-FDZ offers
- Information and advice on the available data services
- examining applications and making data accessible
- providing data access via on-site access in Nuremberg
The BAMF Research Data Centre offers scientific research institutions access to data from the Central Register of Foreigners (AZR). The legal regulations can be found in Section 24a (6) to (8) AZRG.
The AZR is one of the largest administrative registers, which serves to support authorities entrusted with the implementation of immigration and asylum law.
The following data products from the Central Register of Foreigners are currently available in the BAMF-FDZ:
- AZR-Forschungsdatensatz 2021
- Personal address data from the AZR for own scientific surveys
- completely anonymised statistics from the AZR
In future, selected survey data from the BAMF Research Centre will additionally be made available prospectively.