Research Data Centre of the Federal Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (FDZ-BAuA)
The Federal Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (BAuA) conducts cross-sectional and longitudinal studies on working and employment conditions and their effects on the health, safety and well-being of workers in Germany. The FDZ-BAuA provides standardised modes of access to data from these studies.
- Status: Accredited
- Data Offer: Social, Economy, Health, Psychology
About the Data Centre
As an interdisciplinary federal research institution, the BAuA collects a wide range of data on the topics of work and health in (one-off and repeated) cross-sectional studies as well as panel studies. In particular, the data sets offer analysis potential around questions on:
- mental and physical demands and stressors at the workplace
- employment conditions
- working time arrangements
- mental and physical health and functioning
- well-being and satisfaction
- participation in employment
- characteristics of the labour force
The FDZ-BAuA prepares the data sets for external users, provides documentations and working aids for the data sets offered and gives advice to interested researchers.
The FDZ-BAuA provides de facto anonymised data as Scientific Use Files for scientific purposes. The access is restricted to researchers affiliated with a university or research institution after signing a data use contract. In addition, the FDZ-BAuA offers absolutely anonymised data as Public Use Files available for free download to researchers as well as the interested public. The data offered by the FDZ-BAuA is available free of charge.
- BAuA-Working Time Survey 2015, 2017, 2019
- Study on Mental Health at Work, Wave 1 (2011/2012) and Wave 2 (2017)
- Study “Healthy digital work”
- Job-Exposure-Matrix Based on the BIBB/BAuA Employment Survey 2018
Bundesanstalt für Arbeitsschutz und Arbeitsmedizin
Stabsstelle Strategisches Forschungs- und Entwicklungsmanagement