Twitter Tools: Collecting, Curating and Analysing Data (Show & Tell I)
Lecture Series: “Show and Tell - Social Media Data in Research Practice” in cooperation with NFDI4Culture, KonsortSWD and Text+ as part of the National Research Data Infrastructure Germany (NFDI)
The lecture series “Show and Tell – Social Media Data in Research Practice” is dedicated to the tools in the field of social media research. In each zoom hour short input talks should aim to highlight best practices and selected research projects. In addition to pragmatic solutions and technical possibilities (software, interfaces, repositories, metadata standards, interoperability…), points of focus will lie on ethical and legal barriers (personal and individual rights, copyrights) in the creation and evaluation of data sets and corpora, as well as the sustainable, secure and critical handling of them (code and data literacy, FAIR & CARE). Last but not least, we would like to invite you to discuss interdisciplinary research approaches and teaching methods that stress both traditional and subject-specific frameworks and tools. The event series will be organised by a working group initiated by NFDI4Culture in cooperation with KonsortSWD and Text+ as part of the National Research Data Infrastructure Germany (NFDI). We will meet on 13 May on the topic of ‘Twitter Tools’. Further dates will follow on 10 June and 1 July.
The series will kick-off with presentations by Carolin Gerlitz (Digital Media and Methods, Universität Siegen) and Johannes Breuer (GESIS, Köln / CAIS, Bochum)
der Vortrags- und Diskussionsreihe: "Show & Tell – Social Media-Daten in der Forschungspraxis"
13. Mai 2022: “Twitter Tools” (I)
- Carolin Gerlitz (Digital Media and Methods, Universität Siegen): “Doing research with Twitter Capture and Analysis Toolkit (TCAT)”
- Johannes Breuer (GESIS, Köln / CAIS, Bochum): “Twitter-Daten in R”
10. Juni 2022: “Social-Media-Sprachkorpora” (II)
- Sarah Steinsiek (Universität Duisburg-Essen)
- Harald Lüngen (IDS – Mannheim)
1. Juli 2022: “Immer Ärger mit den Bildern” (III)
- Margarete Pratschke (HU Berlin)
- Sven Stollfuß (Universität Leipzig)
- Verena Straub (TU Dresden)