The election results for the 7th appointment period (2020-2023) of the German Data Forum (RatSWD) were announced on 02.03.2020 at the 8th Conference for Social and Economic Data (8| KSWD). There was a choice between 19 candidates – scientists from a variety of disciplines in the social, behavioural, and economic sciences. They were nominated or supported by 15 academic associations, based on the election regulations of the German Data Forum (RatSWD).
The following were elected as the scientific representatives of the German Data Forum (RatSWD):
- Prof. Dr. Christiane Gross (Julius-Maximilians-Universität Würzburg)
- Prof. Dr. Ingrid Miethe (Justus-Liebig-Universität Gießen)
- Prof. Dr. Kerstin Schneider (Bergische Universität Wuppertal)
- Prof. Dr. Laura Seelkopf (Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München)
- Prof. Dr. Anja Strobel (Technische Universität Chemnitz)
- Prof. Dr. Michael Eid (Freie Universität Berlin)
- Prof. Dr. Thorsten Faas (Freie Universität Berlin)
- Prof. Dr. Oliver Lüdtke (Universität Potsdam)
- Prof. Dr. Jörg Strübing (Eberhard Karls Universität Tübingen)
- Prof. Dr. Joachim Winter (Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München)
The candidates were voted on by 3,626 scientists who registered on the election roll. Compared to the appointment period election of 2017–2020, the number of voters increased by 20%. The great interest in a wide variety of disciplines, as well as the high voter turnout (approximately 89% of all registered voters), ensures that the future members of the German Data Forum (RatSWD) will have a broad legitimation.
The acting chairpersons of the German Data Forum (RatSWD), Prof. Dr. Regina T. Riphahn and Prof. Dr. Jürgen Schupp, thank Prof. Dr. Ulrike Rockmann (FU Berlin; Senate Department for Home Affairs and Sport Berlin, Deputy Election’s Officer of Berlin) and Hans-Josef Fischer (IT.NRW) for leading the election, and thank all candidates for their candidacy.
The German Data Forum (RatSWD) is an advisory board to the federal government, whose members are appointed by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research, in agreement with the federal departments. From the 7th appointment period and onwards, the German Data Forum (RatSWD) will consist of ten empirically working scientists who will be appointed based on the election, as well as ten representatives of data-producing institutions of science and administration. An overview of the current members of the German Data Forum can be found here: https://www.konsortswd.de/en/ratswd/german-data-forum-ratswd/members
- Election Results [DE]