- Thematic Focus: Other
- Data type focus: Qualitative
- Status: Accredited
- External Data Ingest: Yes
- Network affiliation: QualidataNet
- RDM Consultation: Yes
- Currently, the AGD hosts around 100 corpora of spoken language. The archive’s data comprise more than 30.000 audio recordings and more than 500 video recordings with an overall length of around 11.000 hours of spoken data and 14.000 transcripts. The AGD currently collects a large corpus of current spoken interaction in German (Research and Teaching Corpus of Spoken German), which is constantly being expanded.
- Corpora of spoken interaction: The Research and Teaching Corpus of Spoken German (Forschungs- und Lehrkorpus Gesprochenes Deutsch, FOLK) and the GeWiss Corpus of Spoken Academic Language (Gesprochene Wissenschaftssprache Kontrastiv), among others
- Variation corpora: The corpus German Dialects (Deutsche Mundarten, also known as Zwirner Corpus) and the corpus German Today (Deutsch Heute), among others
- Interview corpora: Biographical Interviews with German-speaking migrants in Israel (Emigrantendeutsch in Israel) and the Berliner Wendekorpus, among others
In addition to providing data, the archive offers Workshops on aspects of data preparation and use, short introductory texts, as well as individual advice on suitable data and functionalities of the corpus research platform. Advice on all aspects of systematic data preparation is given to researchers providing data for the archive.
Data Access Mode
A large number of corpora of the AGD is available to the scientific community via the Database for Spoken German (Datenbank für Gesprochenes Deutsch, DGD) after registration. Parts of these and other corpora can be requested from a personal archive service for a small processing fee. A data use agreement is necessary.
Leibniz-Institut für Deutsche Sprache
Forschungsdatenzentrum Archiv für Gesprochenes Deutsch
Phone: +49 (0)621-1581-0