- Thematic Focus: Work, Occupation & Labor Market, Education, Migration
- Data type focus: Quantitative
- Status: Accredited
- External Data Ingest: Restricted
- RDM Consultation: No
Our range of data includes person-related, household and firm data from diverse sources.
- Administrative data: e.g. Sample of Integrated Labour Market Biographies
- Survey data: e.g. “Labor Market and Social Security” or the IAB Establishment Panel
- Linked survey and administrative data: e.g. “Linked-Employer-Employee-Data of the IAB”, Labor Market and Social Security” linked to administrative data of the IAB
- Establishment History Panel
- Data from non-recurrent studies
More detailed information on FDZ–IAB datasets can be found in both German and English on the FDZ Website. To stay up-to-date about the latest data and developments, please subscribe to the FDZ’s newsletter.
FDZ–IAB makes datasets available following the clarification of data protection issues. In addition to providing German- and English-language documention of data (FDZ Datenreport) and of methodological aspects (FDZ Methodenreport), FDZ–IAB supports its users on issues such as data selection, data access, data handling, analytical potential, scope, and validity of the data. The service also includes workshops, conferences, newsletter and various video tutorials.
Data Access Mode
FDZ–IAB provides three modes of data access. De-facto anonymised datasets are made available to research institutions as scientific use files. More restrictive data can be accessed either on-site during a research visit at the research data centre, at one of the IAB’s regional branches or via remote execution. In either case, a request form for data access must be filled out in advance. For more information about modes of access, application procedures and guidelines, visit the FDZ-IAB Website.
We also provide select datasets for university teaching. More information here.
The Research Data Centre of the German Federal Employment Agency at the Institute for
Regensburger Str. 104
Phone: +49 911 179-1752