- Thematic Focus: Economy & Finances
- Data type focus: Quantitative
- Status: Accredited
- External Data Ingest: No
- RDM Consultation: No
- Enterprise data: Panel IWH Industry Survey (postal survey/online survey, standardized questionnaire, new federal states, 1993 – 2017); Panel IWH Construction Survey (postal survey/online survey, standardized questionnaire, new federal states, 1993 – 2017); IWH FDI Micro Database (CATI, standardized questionnaire, new federal states + Central and Eastern European Countries, 2007 – 2013); Managements-Buy-Outs (postal survey, standardized questionnaire, new federal states, 1995); IWH Treuhand Privatisation Micro Database: Data on the privatization of East German companies by the Treuhandanstalt (THA), (1990 – 1994)
- Others: Transformation Tables: Transformation tables for administrative borders in Germany (1991 – 2015); IWH European Real Estate Index.
- IWH Subsidy Database: Microdata of direct firm subsidies in Germany
- CompNet: Productivity and Competitiveness Indicators for European Countries by sector
- International Banking Library: web-based platform for the exchange of research on cross-border banking
The RDC-IWH offers advice to (potential) users on data supply and access, assists with familiarization with complex data sets, and clarifies data protection issues. Data documentation and contracts are provided in German and English.
Data Access Mode
Depending on the data set, the data will be made available free of charge either as Scientific Use Files for download or as part of a guest visit after a data use agreement has been concluded.
Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH) – Member of the Leibniz Association
Kleine Maerkerstrasse 8
06108 Halle (Saale)
c/o Research Data Centre
P.O. Box 11 03 61
D-06017 Halle (Saale), Germany
Phone: +49 345 7753802