- Thematic Focus: Work, Occupation & Labor Market, Education, Family, Children & Youth, Health, Individual & Personality, Migration
- Data type focus: Quantitative
- Status: Accredited
- External Data Ingest: No
- Network affiliation: Verbund Forschungsdaten Bildung
- RDM Consultation: No
About the Data Centre
The de-facto anonymised data are made available for research purposes. The modes of data access are standardised: scientific use files, on-site, remote data access.
Furthermore, the SOEP Research Data Center supports methodological training at universities through lectures and workshops. The guest researcher programme facilitates on-site use of regional data at FDZ-SOEP, which are defined as sensitive data under data protection legislation. As a special service, FDZ-SOEP supports researchers who wish to use SOEP as reference data or as a control sample for their own studies.
The activities of the SOEP Research Data Center is based on the criteria of the German Data Forum (RatSWD). As a research infrastructure facility, its funding is provided by the Leibniz Association upon a decision by the Joint Science Conference.
Further information can be found on the website of FDZ-SOEP.
Person-related and household data:
- SOEP-Core: longitudinal data (annually since 1984), SOEPwide and SOEPlong, German/English Version, gross data (since 1984), youth questionnaire (since 2001), age-specific questionnaires: children ages 0-1 (since 2003), children ages 2-3 (since 2005), children ages 5-6 (since 2008), children ages 7-8 (since 2010), children ages 9-10 (since 2012), preteens ages 11-12 (since 2014), survey of survivors of deceased panel members (since 2009), follow-up with panel members who moved abroad (since 2008), status check for dropouts (1992/2001/2006/2008), interviewer survey (2006, 2012), regional indicators (since 1985), geo-reference data (since 2000), pretests (2001-2011)
- SOEP-IS: longitudinal data (annually since 2012) in “long” format, a description of the innovative modules included in SOEP-IS to date can be found on our website: http://www.diw.de/en/diw_01.c.511801.en/soep_is_innovative_modules.html
- SOEP-LEE: survey of employers of SOEP respondents in 2012: http://www.diw.de/en/diw_01.c.433198.en/soep_lee.html
- BASE-II (Berlin Aging Study II): multidisciplinary study, longitudinal data (since 2009), health and cognitive functioning across the life course http://www.diw.de/en/diw_01.c.433060.en/base_ii.html and https://www.base2.mpg.de/en.
You can contact our hotline directly by
Phone: +49 (0)30 89789-292